AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader SureForce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 6/6/2018 09:43 (#6797497 - in reply to #6797326)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader SureForce

WC Mn/Dakotas
Here it is lifting 60-70% of the time. If you have wet conditions and can have issues with too much sidewall compaction, hydraulic down and up is a no brainer.

You also need to do proper tillage (if conventional) in front of planter and you need to know how to maintain, set up, and operate. Otherwise you can have a disaster like any other mismanaged tool.

Here, in a well run operation with deltaforce, i can dig all day and not find seed depth change more than an 1/8" +/- (1/4" total) unless there was a rock or improper residue management. On and avg farm and stock jd airbag planter, i usually find seed 1/4- 1/2 +/- (1/2-1") almost everywhere i look.

Here going deeper a 1/4" usually means noticeably colder and more wet. You get to coarser and drier conditions and 1/4" shallower might mean no germination from dry dirt.

If you have any variation of soil type or soil condition or soil moisture, hydraulic will be a benefit to a good operator.

Unfortunately i see an alarming number of operators that have bigger issues or that will have issues with anything they touch. In those cases you wont see an advantage and often they are so far behind the curve that anything new will be worse no matter how good the equipment is if its not set and run right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)