AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LED indicator light installation in a Raven 440 - 450 series console
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/2/2018 12:51 (#6791336 - in reply to #6789194)
Subject: RE: LED indicator light installation in a Raven 440 - 450 series console

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
There would be several ways to do what you ask. Here's how the 440 is wired (more information than you probably need or want). Power comes into Pin 16 and goes through a fuse. It then splits and goes the processor board where an onboard regulator drops the voltage for the processor board. The other split goes to the Power switch which is a double pole switch (two switches in one enclosure) , one side controls the incoming 12 V and sends it to the Master Switch. The other switch turns ON/OFF the display. The processor board is on and running whenever power is coming in on Pin 16. The output from the Master switch splits and goes to the inputs of the boom switches. The output from boom switch 1 goes to Pin 6 to turn on boom valve 1 and also goes to the processor board to tell it that boom 1 is on so that it includes its width in its computations. Likewise the output from boom switch 2 goes to Pin 2 to turn on boom valve 2 and also goes to the processor board to tell it that boom 2 is on so that it includes its width in its computations. The output from boom switch 3 goes to Pin 5 to turn on boom valve 3 and also goes to the processor board to tell it that boom 3 is on so that it includes its width in its computations.

Pins 3 & 4 are the control valve pins. I have put LEDs on them so I can see if the system is trying to open/close the control valve.

Since 12V is used, 12V lights or LEDs with the proper resistor can be used as boom indicator lights. You could splice onto the output of each boom switch for the hot side and connect all the grounds to a ground inside the 440 which will be a white wire.

On one Raven model they included boom indicator lights like you desire. I think this was a model that used external switches to they put LEDs where the switches would have gone.

I made a partial boom alert for my Raven 450. This was an external box that had a male and female 16 pin connector so it could be installed between the Raven display cable and the Raven 450. Normally when spraying I would have Booms 1-4 ON but sometimes needed to shut off a boom to get started on the planter tracks or to finish a field. I sometimes forgot to turn all the booms back ON.

My boom alert watched the four boom outputs. If they were all OFF, it was quiet. If they were all ON, it was quiet. If some were ON and some were OFF, it would ring an alarm for a few seconds and then go quiet. This meant that when I was purposely running with some booms ON and some booms OFF, the alarm would sound occasionally but was tolerable. It would sound often enough that it alerted me and I would turn all the booms ON if I was in a normal situation.

Now that I am using an Ag Leader on the sprayer, auto swath takes care of this for me and its is very obvious from the onscreen map if I have purposely shut a boom section Off inappropriately.

Edited by tedbear 6/3/2018 09:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)