AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RR beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

gagnaou
Posted 10/6/2006 16:17 (#49198)
Subject: RR beans

Hello,

I am not sure I am posting in the right forum, but in case I am mistaking, I would appreciate if the moderators could move my thread.

I am a student at K-State and I am working on a project concerning RR beans. I have been browsing this forum with a lot of interest as I have read things that I did not know about before.
I have a few questions and I thought that I would post here so that maybe you guys can give me some feedback or point me to places where I can get that information.

It seems that some people are selling beans at a premium if they are conventional cf this thread. Is it the case everywhere, or is it the exception rather than the rule. If so, who gives that premium and where can you get it?

Also according to the thread mentionned previously, it seems that RR beans shine because they make weed control easy, but may not be that much more profitable than regular beans. Based on the adoption rate (more than 90% of the soybean acreage in the US) I would guess that they are more profitable, is it a fair statement that applies everywhere or not necessarily. How are they yield wise are they equivalent?

Some people say that the tech fee for RR bean is becoming more and more prohibitive. Is it increasing every year? If so how has the seed price of conventional beans versus RR beans evolved since they were first introduced? ( I believe that it was in 95-96) Seed dealers seem to be able to tell me about current price differences, but for some reason I have not been able to go back to get an historical price difference.

I know that you are very busy, especially at this time of the year, but I sure would welcome any kind of comments or feedback. Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Luc 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)