AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late,Wet, No Burn Down On No-Till Liberty Beans ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Curious
Posted 5/23/2018 09:33 (#6774786)
Subject: Late,Wet, No Burn Down On No-Till Liberty Beans ??

NW IA
I know this has been discussed before and if some one would be good enough to point me to the authoritative thread on the subject I would be grateful.

I will be planting Liberty beans and have never used a burn down yet. However, due to the wet conditions hare in NWIA, I now have 2 inch tall lambs quarters and a few other scattered weeds and it will be a while before it is dry enough to plant.

Actually had a no-till advocate tell me to wait for it to be dry enough to kill the weeds with iron, plant then Authority First pre-emerge as I always have done. He said some of this ground will not dry without tillage. My concern is that I'll tear it up, plant and the rain will stop.

I do not want my pre on prior to planting. I am concerned about moving it out of the row and giving weeds an opportunity.

Can I use Roundup or Liberty and plant beans a day or two later without injury? What would be safe to mix with the Liberty to help with lambs quarter or other difficult weeds in a short window burn down?

Another complicating factor. I have fairly heavy cover of bedded pack manure on most of this ground and it is corn stubble.

Thanks for any advice or for pointing me in the right direction.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)