AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost to Tear Down Old Farmstead
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gmoney
Posted 5/21/2018 12:05 (#6771632)
Subject: Cost to Tear Down Old Farmstead

SC Wisconsin
Looked at a farm for sale near me this weekend. It's not next to me, not a piece I really want, so I'm approaching this from a pure dollars and cents perspective. If it sells, and I don't get it I won't regret losing it.

There is an old dairy farm on it. House, barn, couple garages, one of the old wooden corn cribs, and two pole barns. Nothing has been used for 15+ years. House, garages, corn cribs and probably one of the pole barns are tear downs. The barn is questionable, but I'm a sucker for old barns.

I'm looking at this place and seeing $$$ for cleaning it up. I'm seeing 5 buildings that need to disappear, plus a house. This is in Dane County WI, and on a main road so lighting a match is probably not a good option for several reasons. If a guy were to pay to have the tear down done and stuff hauled away, what would it cost? I'm thinking a lot, and it's probably not a cost I just want to ignore when figuring my bid. I'm guessing the house will be the most expensive, but I don't know...

I know some would probably buy it and just let them sit, but I tend to be a little OCD about having stuff cleaned up. It would drive me nuts just sitting there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)