AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Still not trying to kill the crop part 3 or 4, I don't remember
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dittfarms
Posted 4/20/2018 23:00 (#6722126)
Subject: Still not trying to kill the crop part 3 or 4, I don't remember

ottertail co mn
The last few Fridays I have posted about local weather and national weather while not trying to kill the crop. As far as the weather goes here and locally, we are getting closer to being in the field really soon, like with in 2 weeks. I firmly believe we will be in the field the first week of May which I have said for the past few weeks. Our crops will not be significantly affected by this timing. We have opportunity to raise above average crops with goood weather.

This is the first post about killing the crop that a major snow storm is not brewing, so the attitudes are getting better.

I callled for a 183 and 63 yield this year, Half jokingly. I don't honestly think we will get there but I have a feeling we are not in for a huge price swing to the up side. I feed about all my crop now, so I don't see the need to forward contract my crop. This time of year it is pointless to throw numbers out on yield, but I feel we have things looking good going forward on corn and beans as far as yield.
I am up in the air about wheat but I did get a call today saying if you are serious about that wheat seed you better pay for it because it is sold out.

I have a feeling we will be close to average seeding pace in 2 weeks. Price your crop accordingly.

Good luck and prayers for our friend tmrand. We all have our battles but some are bigger than others...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)