AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buyers at valentine sale this week.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 4/17/2018 10:15 (#6715226 - in reply to #6714604)
Subject: RE: Buyers at valentine sale this week.

NNW Nebraska
Valentine sorts cattle more than other barns so if you dont have even cattle , it isnt really that much over other local barns.

Trying to sell a load lot of steers and heifers at a time to keep them from sorting. Next go around thst aint gona work as wont have enough to make even loads.

I decieded to go ahead and send the load of steers in today. Weather reports arent sounding as bad as a fee days ago.

I couldnt get big truck on thursday. thinking the shrink may be less on 2 days before sale vs day before. Trucker I use has 10 loads going in thursday so has all his buddys trucks spoke for so finding another truck would have to come from some distance.

Be intresting to compare shrink on steers vs in heifers that go in thursday .we weighed them befor putting out feed for day. In yard they will have alfalfa grass mix hay. At home I keep bale feeders of long stem grass hay all the time. Feed ddg, alfalfa / oats hay ground, corn silage with a layer if sorgum silage on top, corn, balencer pellet with ruminsen.

Anyone have a idea of normal shrink between steers & heifers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)