AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stand counts and weed locating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 4/16/2018 20:18 (#6714182 - in reply to #6712516)
Subject: RE: Stand counts and weed locating

Eastern Shore of MD
I think stand counts are so difficult because you have to fly so low to get the required resolution that it becomes difficult to get the differentiation between images to get a good stitch. You been flying so you know that sitting at the edge of a field you may think you have a good visible plant. Then you get above it and it disappears!

As for weeds, I've read about developers working on thermal imagery to accurately detect and id weeds but don't know that it's really been done in a cost effective, reliable way.

I have been flying my phantom 3 pro for a couple years now and have learned a lot but I've also learned that it's difficult to push this technology to where I thought, and hoped, it would be by now. It changes so fast and 'the solution' (software, sensors, drones) are obsolete in no time. It's too pricey to be a guinea pig so I am hesitant to sink $10k into it.

Edit to add: there are a couple folks on here doing it commercially (mwebster if I remember correctly) so maybe they will chime in with so better insight for you.

Edited by BacNBlak 4/16/2018 20:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)