AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Unwanted Bluetooth Auto Connecting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2018 13:21 (#6722888 - in reply to #6713437)
Subject: RE: Unwanted Bluetooth Auto Connecting

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
PrecisionNE - 4/16/2018 01:16

I would assume you'd have to go into the bluetooth settings on the device and forget the vehicle. With the BT enabled on the device it will auto-connect, unless there is a setting in there that disables auto-connect or turns scanning off.

I believe that is correct. I have a set of Bluetooth headphones that I will be using for music while mowing the lawn with my iPhone. I expect that if a call comes through I will hear it. I have a Ford Edge and Silverado that can both use Bluetooth for the phone and music. Fortunately I won't be using the headphones in either of them so I should not have the problem in the original post. I paired the headphones with the iPhone and seems to work well. I'm going to try my iPad next. Wonder what happens if both the iPad and iPhone are within Bluetooth range.

I have another Bluetooth device that works with my Arduino projects. It can work with an app on either the iPad or iPhone. It connects to the first one and is not affected by the other. The Stereo might work that way also.

I just received a rather low end Stereo Receiver for my shop yesterday. It can use Bluetooth so that I can play music on my iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth or plugged into the headphone jack directly to a pair of RCA plugs for input. Since the music system is in the office, using Bluetooth should allow me to change the tune etc with the phone closer to my work space.

I have a bunch of other things that are paired with various Bluetooth devices such as garage door openers etc. My Bluetooth list on my iPhone is getting quite large. Does anyone know what the limit is for Bluetooth devices?

I just did a Google search which seems to indicate a max of 10 although the articles were a bit vague and some referred to earlier versions of IOS.

Also the search brought up the following link. This applies to the original post. It appears that you need to go into settings, Bluetooth and choose the headphone pairing. You have the choice of "Disconnecting" or "Forgetting". This must be dependent on the Bluetooth device since I only see the Forget option when checked.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/23/how-to-iphone-calls-bluetoo...

Edited by tedbear 4/22/2018 07:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)