AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying with planter and row shut offs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/11/2018 15:28 (#6703024 - in reply to #6702429)
Subject: RE: Spraying with planter and row shut offs

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
EZ-Boom can be used for section control for seed. It could be used for section control/rate for spray. I don't think it can do both at the same time. I use an Ag Leader system with multi-product unlock and I do both but there are separate modules for the seed and the spray.

I suppose the EZ-Boom could be setup for running the sprayer and use relays to reverse the logic so when the spray sections goes off, a relay goes "on" to stop planting on the rows that correspond to the spray sections. This is necessary since with a sprayer electricity is used to turn ON a section whereas on row clutches for planting electricity is used to turn OFF a section so that it doesn't plant. Both planting and spraying would stop at the same time which may not be the most desirable.

EZ-Boom would run the spray sections and rate as before but just happen to stop the matching rows from planting. A planter population monitor would still be needed as usual.

I have never done this and there may be some problems that I haven't anticipated. The relays would need to be the Single Pole Double throw type. The Common and Normally Closed terminals would be used. The Normally open terminal on the relay would not be used. A 12V source would go to the Common terminal. A wire would go from the Normally Closed terminal to the clutch. A constant ground would go to the other clutch terminal

The trigger to the spray valves would have a wire spliced on it to go to the relay coil. The other terminal on the coil would go to ground. That way when the spray section turned ON, it would open the relay so the clutch would no longer be getting power so it would start planting. You would want some type of master disconnect or the clutches would be using power over night and may run the battery down.

Edited by tedbear 4/11/2018 16:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)