AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power Beyond with hyd drive and downforce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 4/8/2018 11:54 (#6695854 - in reply to #6695601)
Subject: RE: Power Beyond with hyd drive and downforce

Missouri
Being plugged into the load sense by itself is not enough to cause the pressure to rise. The pressure will not rise until the load sensed accessory calls for higher pressure.
Where did you plumb the load sense line into the hydraulic drive system? I have had ideas about how this might be possible, but I've never found any direct documentation that explicitly defined how it ought to be done. The manufacturer's official explanation of how to run hydraulic drive on power beyond is as follows:

Step 1. *Don't*.

That's not to say it can't be done, and won't give satisfactory results, but it does mean you are on your own for the hydraulic engineering.

It is possible a hydraulic drive on power beyond will run just fine. It is also possible that as the supply pressure rises and falls with varying load sense signals from other hydraulic subsystems, the drive speed may also rise and fall.

There is a failsafe fallback position if that would occur. If the load sense line is connected to the pressure line, it should run the system up to max pressure. While this will result in additional oil heating, it will be functionally no different than how the system would have operated on an SCV. When a hydraulic downforce, or a hydraulic drive system SCV is engaged, the hydraulic system is driven to maximum pressure just the same.

Disclaimer: I'm not a hydraulic engineer. I'm just a schmuck who's reads too much tech info. Best of luck to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)