AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this doable? Raven 440 and VRA for EZ guide 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/2/2018 15:25 (#6681893 - in reply to #6681240)
Subject: RE: Is this doable? Raven 440 and VRA for EZ guide 500

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
There are some systems that can "send" over a different rate to a Raven 440 if it is new enough to have the 9 pin connector. Many would have this. The other device sends over a "new rate" which replaces the rate that you have set as Rate 1. So it behaves as if you are continually typing in new rates for Rate 1. Rate 2 stays where ever you had it set so you could flip the Rate 1/Rate 1/MANual switch to Rate 2 or Manual if you want to "take over" in a special area". Unless turned off, the Raven Alarm beeps four times to alert you that a "new rate" has been received from the other device.

The Ag Leader Application Rate module can do this. I believe the EZ-Guide 500 can also but requires an unlock to do so. With the Ag Leader arrangement, the Raven and the Ag Leader talk back and forth. The Ag Leader gives the Raven a new rate when you reach a different zone AND in between times, the Raven returns certain values to the Ag Leader such as which booms etc are ON so the Ag Leader can make an accurate map. I believe the EZ-Guide 500 would do this also.

I have done this with an Ag Leader but not with the EZ-Guide 500. With the Ag Leader setup this works very well except that auto swath is not available for auto section control.

Edited by tedbear 4/2/2018 16:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)