AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Software Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 4/2/2018 08:31 (#6681080 - in reply to #6679856)
Subject: RE: Farm Software Question

North central North Dakota

I would look at the Quickbooks Desktop software and see if there is an special edition that would work for you.  If you are looking at some record keeping for values of used equipment for sale you may need to get more specialized software.  Visit with a local car jockey to see what they do.  You may not need the specialized record keeping in the software for keeping track of pieces of equipment so basic accounting that you need for you business I think should be able to be done with QB Pro.  
I have used QB Pro for years.   Years ago I did photography and used the invoice feature. I never had inventory then and just sold items and my cost of sales was the processing from the printing company.
Recently I have been a dealer for MayWes Company and have been selling poly products to local farmers.  Most items are non inventory items and QB easily lets me do invoices from the part numbers that I sell.  I usually never send out statements, but I could, since most people pay from the invoice generated from QB or at times they pay me from the hand written invoice that I enter then later in to QB with the payment.
I get my checks printed through Costco.  I have QB just print basic invoices with lines created with program.  QB makes it nice to print the checks.  I have gone to a lot more online payments.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)