AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pre-ripping tile run, intellislope guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 3/25/2018 12:49 (#6664391 - in reply to #6661407)
Subject: RE: Pre-ripping tile run, intellislope guys

Morris, IL
JDpastor - 3/23/2018 20:35

I first survey, then go back to the start and set the perimeters (minimum and max depth) to the final install to see if everything is good to go (making sure that I do not have to cut down a hill to get deep enough etc). I have my intended final target depth set during this check time as well. Then I find out if I have enough depth at the start hole. If everything is good to go, I then reset all my settings, reducing the depth by 10 inches (12 is what most recommend, but 10 is easy math and 2 inches isn't going to make much difference in our soils). I start by reducing the target depth and then reduce the minimum and max depths. Do not change your minimum grade at all from what you intend for your final install. I put the plow in the hole, but hold it up about 10" from where I plan to put it for the final install. I hit install after setting the plow in and make the pre-rip. I hit escape at the end of the pre-rip so I do not record that as an install.

”””I then go back and add 10" to everything, making sure not to forget the target depth and then do the final install.”””

Yes don’t forget to change it back, not that i’ve done that or anything friend of friend did!! Haha. Pre ripping doesn’t help as much as I thought, soil is now loose doesn’t get as good of traction. Harder to fill in afterwards as well.

Is there a way to hit escape with Integra rather then recording that as an installed tile?

Edited by NEILFarmer 3/25/2018 12:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)