AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Posting pics How to
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/31/2008 02:35 (#552120 - in reply to #552112)
Subject: RE: Posting pics How to (edited version)

West Union, Illinois

I assume you have read Tim's tutorial ? http://www.newagtalk.com/faq/image-tutorial.htm

Are you trying to use pictures on your computer or already online someplace?  The 2 biggest errors using photos from your computer are trying to use too large a photo and getting in too big a hurry uploading.

OK, rather than post another reply I'll just add to this one.  I'm going to assume you want to post a photo you have on your computer.

The first thing to do is make sure it is not too large.  Use My Computer and find where it is stored on your computer and see how big it is. (Start/My Computer/probably Local Disk (C:) or My Documents / then drill down to where your photo is stored.  Depending on how your computer is set up, you should be able to either scroll the cursor across it or rght click on it and find out how big it is.  If it is much over 100K you will have to resize it.

That really is no big deal. See below the threads about resizing photos.  I use Microsoft's free Power Toy Image Resizer.  There are a lot of ways of doing it. Find what you are comfortable with.

OK, so now you have a photo file that is the correct size.  Come to the posting page and write  your post..  Down at the bottom it says Add / Remove attachments.  Click it, then touch the Submit button.  You will come to another page and on the left side will be a box with a button that says Browse. You will have to drill your way through your computer again to find that photo you want to post.  Keep clicking until the name of the file is in the box at the bottom and click ... I think it says Open.

If you want more photos do it again.  It will work a lot easier if you are posting photos in the same directory. Once you get the photos listed YOU ARE NOT DONE!

There is a box in the lower left side of the screen that says I'm done. Click to post  If you don't click that box you wasted all your effort.

Once you do it a little it becomes second nature. I had to open a second windoe and post a photo on the test forum just to remember how.  If the photo is already online someplace there is a different procedure, but that will have to wait.

Go to the test forum and play around.  It really is easy, you just need to get the procedure down.

OH! And if you edit a post you CANNOT edit the written post and add a photo at the same time.  This leads to picking up the computer and tossing it across the room. That is not lead to happy computing.

Edited by Mike SE IL 12/31/2008 08:16

(horse (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments horse (Small).JPG (67KB - 120 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)