AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

199A Fix.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

honest abe
Posted 3/22/2018 22:53 (#6659313 - in reply to #6658176)
Subject: RE: Sorry...

over taxed nebraska
too late for the long term thinking about farmer independence, its long past. seed companys have a strangle hold on us now, not like when we could save bean seed, fertilizer distributors too, you really think that it just happened that dry products soared with $7 corn and it was not what the market can bare ? go to the fsa office and try to be any kind of independent, drain wet spot, or straighten ditch, try to deal with an implement dealer when they have a huge network of dealerships and force little guys out. many, many more..... I love being 'independent' when my health insurance premium is due, so many spouses have to drive to the city just to get family health ins and cannot stay on the farm...... its gone big money has a strangle hold on farmers. it sucks that we are at the mercy of corperate America, which will control the farmland very soon. a little tax break for someone small will help as the corperations have got a huge one in this. we need something to compete.

mandate, lucky we all are to have it, we should be working together in parallel not against one another. without it ethanol and corn would be cheap cheaper

tax credit, you are not going to convince me that when e plant were on the uprise that there were no tax incentives to build. damn thankful there was

corperations received a massive tax break in this as it stands, you take what personal farmers got away, that is a huge disadvantage to family farms...... I know it doesn't fit your bill, well change happens and its better than the transition to corperate farming which will be here too soon sadly enough.

I am all for ag also and for not letting the smithfields so to speak have the rowcrop as they have with hogs.....

yeah farming is a tax dodge already for many, buying iron to avoid taxes, that is not sound business management as you raising the basis would be to clean up your company tax bill. wouldn't work well would it ?? some will retire without much retirement, keep 199a and maybe some of them may have something, maybe not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)