AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/2/2006 22:12 (#48322 - in reply to #48313)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
With your Raven 661 there are no internal booms switches like there are on other Raven controllers (440, 450). This means that the external switches must do two things: 1) turn on the boom of course but also 2) inform the Raven that the boom is ON. This is referred to as Boom Sense.

The poster is suggesting that possibly two of the switches are not informing the Raven that they are ON. If this is the case the Ag Leader would not get this information via the App Rate Module.

Here's a quick way to see if this is the case. Put in a self-test speed into the Raven and watch the area/hour. With all booms off it should show Zero. As you turn on each boom one at a time, the area/hour should show a value dependent upon the width for that boom and the ground speed simulated. If any of the booms do not indicate an area/hour, they are either not providing boom sense to the Raven or their width is programmed to Zero.

In most cases, the booms should be backfed to the Raven console so that it can do its Math correctly.

I use an App Rate Module with my 450 and Insight and the four booms that I use are reporting correctly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)