AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Safety Chain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bharzman
Posted 3/14/2018 05:55 (#6640630 - in reply to #6640105)
Subject: RE: Safety Chain

North Central Kansas
Same spreader here, same issue last fall. Mine was coming out of the field. The hitch pin popped out as too much weight on back end. I was lucky that one safety chain held, all damage I had was the tongue busted my back tractor window.
1. by my drawbar I have holes for bolts if I want to let the drawbar swing either way. I put in a grade 8 - 3/4" bolt to hook that hook around.
2. I looped a chain around that same area and put a hook on each side of the safety chain, then wire or zip tie it so the stalks don't unhook it.
3. I went up in the bed of the spreader. Measured of first 1/3 of the unit closed to the cab. put in a filler if you would to reduce that opening from 4" (guessing) to 1/2". Thus it makes it take the material from the back end first. Does it work? Yes. On level ground it came about just about even. I looked in the spreader and there was a small hump in front and back, very even looking.

I have photos of all of the above as I described. This is the one BIG fault of the single axle units. They feed from the front, thus making them ask heavy!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)