AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sugar Beets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Badger
Posted 12/29/2008 22:21 (#550608 - in reply to #550546)
Subject: Re: Sugar Beets

Huntley Montana
I went to the annual meeting in Jan 2008. Was told as I walked in that I was not to say anything by a fellow I thought was a friend. He did it so I couldn't think about it knowing it would upset me so bad that IF I said much that I would come off as a rant. I AM the fellow that told the room & Board that they could have The common share, the perfered shares, the Unit retains, the unpaid dividends, & the unpaid beet checks & Badger Farms & The Western Sugar Coop would not have any more business together AFTER the BS of 2007.
I also was there in 2007 when the board said the penaltys would be on a "case by case basis".
I don't want the Western Sugar Coop to fail, But I refuse to deal with the BS that is going on. I didn't buy in to specalate, I bought in to keep Beets in the area. I was one of the first to buy in. I bought enough shares so I didn't have to waste time trying to find shares if I needed more some years. I spent 6 years paying for those shares. But after what the Board & management have done to me & others I want NOTHING to do with The Western Sugar COOP. We were told that there would be a "pool" for unneeded shares when we bought in, & "as long as you offered the shares to others there would never be a penalty". I would run for the board here, but I am not "in good standing with the Coop" as I refused to plant a beet this yr because of thier change to the agreement I signed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)