AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LP gas tractors of old
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Butch...Mn
Posted 12/28/2008 00:57 (#548883 - in reply to #548791)
Subject: Re: LP gas tractors of old

West Central Minnesota
I am surprised that there is anyone here that was aware of the V-12 and also a V-8 Moline made that were propane engines only. I believe that there some produced in Russlleville. I have never found out if they were based on the 605 or 800 engines. Some of the ardent Moline collectors claim that there is still a V-8 version somewhere in California. Just out of curiosity, what do you know about the V-12 Jon?

Moline did make, as someone else mentioned both a pair of 605's and a pair of 800's joined together with a gearbox at the output shafts, similar to what Detroit Diesel did at one time. One that I have seen has three clutches. Only one engine has a starter. That engine is started first, then that clutch is engaged and then the clutch for the second engine is engaged to start the second engine. When both are running, then the third clutch is used for the whole power unit. I know of a 1210 (pair of 605's) in Wisconsin and another in the Quad City area and there used to be a partial one in southern Mn. I am sure there are others around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)