AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soybean classic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NoDakFarmer
Posted 2/16/2018 07:41 (#6581436 - in reply to #6581242)
Subject: RE: soybean classic

SE ND
I understand your frustrations regarding charts. It's very tough to keep a clear mind and to not be influenced by other factors. I will say that there was no other way to see that there were failures and that prices would go higher (for now) than on a chart. And now everyone is bulled up, yet there are reasons to be concerned because the chart says that we are approaching an area that sellers are still probably hanging around.

Many have said how arrogant those who use charts have become. I'll be the first to say that it isn't what we want to hear. I/we need to improve in this area. I'm a farmer also and I know how often I was looking for someone to be right ALL the time on markets. The fact is nobody will be correct everytime. We are fortunate to have tools to use to help us make better decisions and to understand what price is likely to do in a certain context. I had corn wrong last year, and I didn't even miss the "warning signs" price was sending. Worse yet, I ignored them because I didn't want to believe that the rally would take more time. It was no accident what happened. By price having not rallied, it tells me alot about this next swing and what is, and isn't, going to happen.

Hope you guys are able to learn something of value from others here. I was fortunate enough to learn from many like Blu, jp, fry, tink, maydel, Ray, maize, and many others.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)