AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting FIRST plot data using "the list"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 12/24/2008 16:50 (#546115)
Subject: Interesting FIRST plot data using "the list"

SWOH
For lack of something better to do while waiting on Santa to get here, I used the variety list to match up some numbers in a few of the FIRST plots. In a few of the plots, not all, there were a few of the same numbers by different ASI companies and for the most part they were fairly close on yield and moisture and lodging, etc. There were also a few plots with the same numbers by different Agriliant companies, usually 3 different companies, and some of theirs weren't even close together. And more often than not the LG number did a lot better than the other two. The Illinois South Full Test plot was the farthest off. Like by 7 bushel and quite a bit of difference in lodging, 40%lodging on the GL variety and between 25 and 30% lodging on the other 2 (which isn't great anyway), but it was interesting to see that there was that big of a difference between 3 companies with supposedly the exact same number in the same plot. So how does that happen? The toss up is was the seed all grown at the same place and if the grade sizes were different, where there's a better chance of having different seed vigor or different germs. And I don't know for sure but I would assume it was processed at different places. I still think it would be interesting if somebody next year put a plot out with for example the same number and grade size from all the ASI companies or Agriliant companies and see how much difference there is between them in the same plot.

Edited by boa628 12/24/2008 17:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)