AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

X wife problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Super 65
Posted 2/13/2018 23:11 (#6576501 - in reply to #6576471)
Subject: RE: X wife problems

South Central Kansas
farmerkj - 2/13/2018 22:48

No kids. Mortgage is in both our names. Balance around $150 on a $200 ish house. She makes $100g a year. She just started a business of some sort on the side. She says she's selling the house this spring. Im assuming if she does the bank will get paid off without an issue. She'd be dumb to screw up and lose out on the $50g plus she'll end up with after the sale. If she sells. She has lost my trust in the last couple years. Im basically a co signer at this point. If I sign im afraid it will hurt my credit if im on the mortgage without the asset. I guess I can call the bank that holds the mortgage tomorrow and see what my options are. It says im not financially obligated on the divorce decree but I doubt the bank will let me off the hook.

Banks and credit card companies don't care what a divorce decree says. BTDT Quit claim deed should have been part of the final divorce papers. You can sign off on the house and worry about her making the payment later. If she does her part and makes payments then no need to take her to court for anything unless your bank doesn't like your name on that note. You can take her back to court now or later or if she does her part and holds you harmless ( this should be a clause in the divorce decree) then no need to go back to court.

Why does a divorce cost so much? Because it's worth it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)