AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adaptor to run AgLeader Compass & InCommand 1200-same tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/30/2018 11:06 (#6542046 - in reply to #6540623)
Subject: RE: Adaptor to run AgLeader Compass & InCommand 1200-same tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got involved with the adapter to "old" display cable situation. What gets confusing is that the "old" display cables are not all identical. Some have an Ethernet branch but the very early ones did not.

One of my tractors had been using an Integra and Geosteer before it got updated to an InCommand 1200, GPS 6500 and SteerCommand. Since the Ethernet branch was there, the adapter cable could be used. It basically splits the Ethernet wires off to go to the Ethernet connector on the InCommand 1200.

On a different tractor, I had used a steering unlocked Insight with a Nav II for several years. When that tractor was upgraded to an InCommand 1200, GPS6500 and SteerCommand, the adapter was not suitable since my original display cable did not include the Ethernet branch. Ethernet was not used on the early systems., so there were no wires for it. This required removing the really old display cable and replacing it with a new one that had the InCommand connectors on it so no adapter was needed. Another option would have been to install a newer display cable that had an Ethernet branch and use an adapter.

This year I also used an Ag Leader InCommand 1200 in my combine but assisted steering is NOT involved. Like the above tractor, the original display cable did not include the Ethernet branch but since steering wasn't involved, the Ethernet branch was not going to be used any way, so using the adapter cable worked fine. The Ethernet branch of the adapter didn't go through but it wasn't needed.

Now I'm considering putting steering on the combine. This will require moving the InCommand 1200 as before but also moving the GPS 6500 and a SteerCommand ECU. The proper way would be to remove the original display cable (doesn't have the Ethernet branch) and replace it with a current InCommand style. Possibly I could get tricky and add the Ethernet pins to my original combine cable and run them out to the ECU. That way the adapter that I used this year would have mating pins for the Ethernet branch. This may not be worth the effort.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)