AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Graham Drives and Pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GrahamEquipment
Posted 1/25/2018 08:25 (#6529959 - in reply to #6529661)
Subject: RE: Graham Drives and Pro 700

mnrediron - 1/25/2018 07:21

I would do a little more digging on the Grahm drives because we were looking at putting them on a planter ,but then found out that the Grahm drive cant handle the torque it takes to drive a case ih asm meter ultimately starts failing motors. Just something we had heard.

Hello Everyone,

While I responded to Josiah directly when he emailed us, I figured I would answer this question above so as not to have any information that may be inaccurate. All our motors we utilize have plenty of power for the Case IH torque requirement as they have nearly 40 inch pounds of torque. However, perhaps the information you received was from inventory we received last year of our Graham Pro brushless part number. These have a wireless control chip in them that provides communication to the motor and communicates wirelessly to the controller. These motors have software built into them that protects the control board and motor and have them shutoff when they hit a certain amp limit. We received motors that had a 10 amp limit programmed on the software board instead of the 25 amp engineering specification. A ASM meter turns hard at startup (as any Case guy knows). We found on larger 24 row or greater systems, the amp draw on these meters exceeded 10 amps on random rows throughout the system causing those motors to shutoff. This high amperage is only for a split second at start-up and then they drop down to under 5 amps. So it wasn't a torque issue, it was a protective amp limit issue. The standard 25 amp limit would allow the motors to get through this start-up torque and amperage requirement without flaw and turn the ASM meters flawlessly. Its a great meter, its just a son of a gun at startup!

Hope this helps answer questions.

Thanks,
Marty Graham
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)