AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn burndown/pre-emerge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 1/21/2018 21:16 (#6522195 - in reply to #6522132)
Subject: RE: Corn burndown/pre-emerge callito

coup - 1/21/2018 19:55

1586 - 1/21/2018 19:02

coup - 1/21/2018 18:03

alkali flats - 1/21/2018 17:41

Trying to cut costs wherever possible this year. Considering burning down with RUP, 24D, and 1 1/2 - 2 quarts of atrazine. No other pre and posting on a field by field basis depending on weed pressure. Am I crazy? No real heavy weed pressures on my fields. Some waterhemp, a little Marestail but mostly stuff roundup still kills like sunflower and buttonweed.

Can buy 3 oz Gen Callisto for less cost than 1 lb Atrazine. More bang for the buck using Atrazine post Vs Pre.

Agree but would just change the atrazine to trizmet. $20 gal and just a qt. plus Callisto is $8. Can't be much to clean up after.

Can make Trizmet cheaper out of Gen Dual and Atrazine. about $1 acre cheaper to make than 1 quart Trizmet. I would rather save Atrazine for post and do a two pass.

1 quart gen Dual Pre, 3 oz Gen Callisto. Post 3 oz Gen Callisto , 1-1.5 quarts Atrazine.

Good idea too. Most don't want to hassle with mixing or admit they use generics. Those rebates and warranties are so great. When I did rr corn I would do qt pre and a qt post of trizmet with 1oz of Callisto added post. Always worked good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)