AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plans for adjustable alleyway
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cattledriver
Posted 1/16/2018 17:52 (#6510184 - in reply to #6509808)
Subject: RE: Plans for adjustable alleyway

Oklahoma
ricksitzmann - 1/16/2018 13:59

cattledriver - 1/16/2018 13:34

ricksitzmann - 1/16/2018 07:11

http://www.trojanchutes.com/?page_id=22

Maybe get ideas from this. I've been looking at these for awhile and think ill buy once it warms up. Will order with one side not sheeted all the way up, 38ft hydraulic alley. Would probably use the chute very little if we had this. Run in a group squeeze them some do your work then run whole group out. We do this already with our current alley but being able to hydraulically run the alley would be well worth the money

I put in a 30ft trojan 2 yrs ago. You won't be disappointed. As you can see on one side I brought the sheet down a bit. Really helps with those smaller calves because you can't see them with that tall sheet.

Just got done scour guarding some cows. One shot and pour on. Will the Trojan work like i want? Run in a group, squeeze some, shoot pour, run group out? Don't really need to use the chute? I think 2 guys could work a lot of cows through very fast if this works like i want. Do you remember what the 30' cost ?

I have a friend that does exactly what you want to do without an adjustable alley. His alley is for cows only and he gets along well. He uses a slapshot to give shots.

Back to your original question. Hydraulicly yes I think it would work but I think your going to have to do some type of redesign on the framework. I think access will be an issue. There is a top rail that i think you would crack your head on and make it tough to give shots. My vet also has a trojan adjustable alley put in 22 yrs ago. His is different than mine. It has no top rail. Bob the owner at trojan changed the design years ago because now they can build the unit in shop deliver and bolt to the concrete. They used to build onsite. Not to say they want build on site because I know they still do that but they try not to. They do travel all over the country.

Pic 1 my friends non adjustable alley
Pic 2 my vets trojan adjustable alley
Pic 3 my trojan adjustable alley

I know Bob prides himself in doing custom work. They will build to suit your needs. He's very good and has been at it for 25+ yrs.

As far as cost I really can't say. The reason is I bought the whole package. Tub, 30 ft hydraulic alley, hydraulic back gate, hydraulic chute and I also have another alley coming off the same tub going to another head gate. All installed also. It was priced as a package not as individual pieces. Also prices could have changed over 2 yrs. If you want bobs number my email is good. Hope this helps.

(Screenshot_2018-01-16-17-40-07.png)

(Screenshot_2018-01-16-17-39-12.png)

(Screenshot_2018-01-16-17-37-32.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_2018-01-16-17-40-07.png (203KB - 152 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_2018-01-16-17-39-12.png (222KB - 135 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_2018-01-16-17-37-32.png (257KB - 129 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)