AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland t6 165
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Viper2bn
Posted 1/14/2018 21:57 (#6505853)
Subject: New Holland t6 165

Lottsburg VA
First new Holland tractor for our farm, just basic utility duties. We had a new Kubota 135 hp that spent the entire year being repaired for about everything that could go wrong. Transmission at 21 hours, constant PTO problems, and worse steering than an old 6600 combine going down the road. We finally reached an agreement for Kubota tractor to leave the farm and found this used low hour new Holland. Dealer let me demo it and I hooked it up to my 20ft bushog 12820 mower and it really impressed me. While down on hp on paper compared to the Kubota this would run circles around it. PTO engagement was smooth and easy like it should be and Kubota is either engaged or off, no way to modulate engagement on Kubota. I have only put about 80 hours on New Holland bit so far so good, it is now wearing a snow plow for the rest of the winter and has done an excellent job at that so far, employees love it, cab is basic but comfortable. It ran 56 hours straight in 0-12 degree weather in blizzard conditions all while keeping the driver's warm, unstuck and comfortable. Tractor is the perfect height for what we needed which was a major factor as it will mow grass all summer and field edges and tree limbs are tough on tall cabs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)