AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ag leader modules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/7/2018 06:17 (#6485344 - in reply to #6484230)
Subject: RE: ag leader modules

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the above. The drawing may show some parts that you already have that might be moved and used on the sprayer.

Concerning #2 above. There are various possibilities. As the reply suggests you could use the Ag Leader 10 boom with Master switch box with auxiliary input module built inside. Another possibility would be to use the Auxiliary Input Module that you may already use with the strip-till module and an appropriate separate switch box. This is what the drawing is showing.

Historically, Ag Leader first came out with the Auxiliary Input Module which is a black box with various connectors. It does not contain any switches. Various switch boxes or adapters were made to allow for different situations. Ag Leader made a separate 10 boom with Master switch box that could be plugged into the Auxiliary Module (this is what is shown on the drawing). For a single boom situation such as a dry spreader rig, it seemed rather silly to use the 10 boom box although it would have worked fine so Ag Leader made a single section toggle switch. They also made a single section foot switch. For certain OEM sprayers, it was desirable to use the original switches so Ag Leader made various adapter cables.

Some adventurous types such as myself even made homemade switch boxes. I found that although this is not terribly difficult there was a bit of trickery involved. The reason I made the homemade switch box was that I didn't need 10 sections, wanted other switches for other non-Ag Leader things and really to see if I could make it work.

Later in history, Ag Leader decided to take their 10 boom switch box and put the circuitry for the Auxiliary Input module inside of it. This has the advantage of reduced cab clutter in certain situations. So you can have the Auxiliary Input Module black box with separate switches OR the 10 boom switch box with the Auxiliary Input module inside. They are functionally equivalent.

I personally have one of each. In the sprayer tractor I use my original Auxiliary Input module with a homemade switch box that I made several years ago. So my sprayer is like the drawing except that the switch box is home made. On the planter tractor, I use the 10 boom box with built in Auxiliary Input Module. Should I have problems with the sprayer switch box, I could put in the 10 boom switch box with AIM from the planter tractor in its place.

Edited by tedbear 1/7/2018 06:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)