AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

setting up a local internet service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Pluggin Along
Posted 1/6/2018 15:51 (#6484047)
Subject: setting up a local internet service

We are wanting to get internet service primarily for an alarm system to a site that is .7 of a mile from one of our sites that has 3 MB internet service, 1.7 miles from another site that has 10 MB service, 1.5 miles from 50 MB fiber optic and 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 miles to the nearest town that would have fiber optic or cable. I saw this post: Boosting wifi to shop, what do I need?  which lead me to this post: Getting internet to distant building. The 3MB service is marginal so I don't think we want to add to that so that leads to the 10 MB site but there are some line of site issues there. I then got to thinking maybe we should start at one of the high speed sites and build from there. I contacted a friend from the phone company and he says we have a neighbor that we work with wanting to do the same thing. We would have 4 or 5 users plus maybe another neighbor and the other neighbor that is wanting to set up a service would have 4 users. Is this something we should consider or is there some reason it's not practical?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)