AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many have BlueRay Players?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

karl
Posted 12/19/2008 12:21 (#540049 - in reply to #538872)
Subject: Our new DLP

Central Nebraska

We just got this new Samsung DLP TV, only had it about a week, but really like it. We don't have TV service yet, but will have Direct TV as soon as they get it installed (we're hoping in time for the bowl games) so are using our Panasonic Blue Ray to watch movies.

I'm sure all of this stuff will keep getting cheaper, but we just went "whole hog" while we were at it.  If you watch Amazon.com they have some pretty good specials once in a while. We got the Blue Ray player with 5 movies $100 cheaper than we could have gotten the player alone.

We bought the TV locally in case we need service, but could have got it about $300 cheaper from Amazon.  I think Amazon has it for around $1800 now.

We also can plug the card from our digital camera (need an inexpensive card reader) right into the TV and see nearly lifesize pictures that are crystle clear. That is a nice feature for us as my wife takes LOTS of pictures.

I wanted the biggest screen I could get and this is what we wound up with, it is a 67 inch screen and I wouldn't care if it was bigger yet. Our son has a 60" plasma set and I think this DLP looks just as good and was a lot cheaper. Our daughter has a 50" LCD set, and they all look good to me.

Samsung makes a 72" set but is still the old technology that uses an expensive bulb that needs to be replaced every year or so. This one uses LED which is suposed to last the life of the TV, --- we'll see.

The Blue Ray player upscales DVDs and some of our old DVDs look nearly as good as Blue Ray discs.

If you do get a Blue Ray player, I would reccomend you get a show like "Planet Earth" or "Beautiful Washington" or something simular to show what it can really do. Pretty fantastic. But like others have said you should have a 1080p TV.

(100_8718 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_8718 (Medium).JPG (58KB - 59 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)