AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Redball - Did they lock the doors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

notarealfarmer
Posted 12/18/2008 08:41 (#538477 - in reply to #538335)
Subject: Re: Redball - Did they lock the doors?

Redball in Benson is pretty much done. The west plant is closed and most of the employees went to CNH, a few are driving to Willmar. The east plant is about half rented to CNH and probably will end up belonging to CNH. Only a couple of employees left at the east plant and the bank is in there keeping an eye on things and when the bank says the employees are done, they are done. They moved operations to Willmar Fab which is the old Willmar Manufacturing building. Not sure how much they have for parts to sell but they do have a tech support guy still working. IMO, you guys are right on in that the self propelled dragged them down. They are now trying to be a contract manufacturer, but finances are not allowing them to purchase much as far as materials. Wil-Rich is doing all of the marketing on the strip til but Redball was doing the manufacturing so not sure how that will work out. I would call Wil-Rich for information on the toolbars. The Smartbox folks were transfered to Willmar as well. I think Redball has the contract again but I am not positive on that. Redball was building the cotton picker basket for CNH but it looks like CNH will just build it themselves. They got money from the city to expand and do all of the projects and it looks like they left the city holding the bag, no jobs and no repayment. The sprayer isn't too bad of a machine for the right application. If you can buy it cheap enough the major parts will be warranted by the manufacturer, JD engine and Allison transmission the big 2 items.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)