AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lights for new shop ... from previous thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

99guy
Posted 12/16/2008 23:02 (#537058)
Subject: Lights for new shop ... from previous thread

North Central MO
I just went through the same thing. Ended up with 6 bulb T5 high bays, they will use up very little of your headroom, 5" or so for direct mount. put out 30,000 lumens and consume only 350 watts. I struggled with the "lighting" question for some time and just hung these this week. Very nice ....

Got mine at .................

http://www.contractorlighting.com/high-fluorescent-6lmp-t5ho-120277...

159 bucks, free ship, no tax, came very quickly, well packed. Came with bulbs, chains, and hangers for that price. Good place to deal with. I used the hangers, omitted the chains, just put some hooks in the ceiling and hung ('bout 10" this way) you could direct mount and get down to 5" or so. Put mine on the hooks with pigtail cords for easy service in the future. Have mine on 240v but they will run 120-277 volts, auto ballast.

I have 8 in a 72 x 80 ( or rather the front 3/4 of that size as rear will be non working area ). Seems pretty bright. Just about instant on --- measured in a second or two and will brighten a little over the next minute or so but nothing like the wait on halides, burn cool too. 8 of them running at less than 12 amps total on 240v. I have white ceil and wall and 16' height.

Google the free sites for light design or try this ........... http://www.stonco.com/stonco/webzc.htm?file=crescent/library/Photom...

Designed mine for average luminescence of around 55fc.

My local supply house tried to talk me away from these but their price was about double this so ..................... go figure .............................

So far I'm happy :)

Good luck ...........................

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)