AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would this be a useful agronomy service for you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dwinter
Posted 12/13/2017 14:41 (#6426551)
Subject: Would this be a useful agronomy service for you?

WCOH
Have spent the last 11 years running my own independent crop consulting company. Do not sell any products. Farmed a small amount until the last year when a friend/neighbor/client decided to retire and offered me the chance to farm his farm. Dream come true and years of prayers answered for me and my family. God Bless America.

Don't have the acreage to be full-time, still need off farm income. Have over 20 years of experience in soil agronomy, precision software, etc. etc. However, given the overlap in timing, cannot add more soils consulting to the work list as it is very difficult to get all of the sampling done.

Wanting opinion on viability or need for someone to offer services such as variable rate fertilizer, seeding, maybe nitrogen (frought with peril, but nevertheless an opportunity). This could be done utilizing yield data and other data available to me (crop health etc). Data would be uploaded and then corrected or post-calibrated. Recommendations would be made, available for review and then prescription files sent back for application. Lots of details here I'm glossing over, don't want to write a novel.

Realize there are big data companies involved in this, maybe a limited opportunity. Looking for input on if a demand exists and/or what other ideas fall in line with this. Need some outside input as this is service already doing for current clients and can't get a good handle on the demand for this.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)