AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer's Edge EULA 01NOV2017
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 12/13/2017 15:09 (#6426603 - in reply to #6426432)
Subject: RE: Farmer's Edge EULA 01NOV2017

Rivers, MB
P1402 - 12/13/2017 12:45

Not trying to fish, i didn’t realize it published as soon as you uploaded the doc, didn’t completely finish the point. I also see that if you don’t open it on a computer with Word, it only opens it in safari or browser and you don’t see it highlighted and it just looks like a bunch of words.

Anyways, Look at sub paragraph (b). Almost every word in there is the opposite of what I would like done with my data. Also the second paragraph in bold it states by signing this you agree to whatever we decide in the future??? This is a CYA policy that has grossly overstepped its bounds and I just wanted to share in hopes of lighting a fire under a few folks that care about data security on their farm. Most have probably already agreed to it without reading, I still have yet to make it through it all.

I agree with you. And the frustrating part is that Wade Barnes, CEO of Farmers Edge, will tell you straight to your face that they will NOT sell your data. yet their agreements allow the possibility of that happening. And he has admitted to me that their plan is to aggregate all the data and then give their customers the ability to compare your own data to the aggregate data to try and glean seed variety info, fertilizer info etc. All for fee. So they won't sell your individual data (which has very little data) but will sell you the ability to look at aggregate data. Sounds like selling your data to me..........

In my opinion, our individual data from our farms is worth a pittance compared to aggregate data. Many of these companies that work with our data are saying that they are protecting our individual data and won't sell it. But conveniently retain the right to sell the aggregated data.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)