AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS Essential
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/13/2017 09:01 (#6425873 - in reply to #6424594)
Subject: RE: SMS Essential

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I run the AgFiniti program on an iPad with my Ag Leader InCommand 1200s. I use it in the very cheapest and most basic sense. The program itself is free but to use the cloud features the yearly license is necessary.

In my case, I carry the iPad with me in the planting tractor, the sprayer or the combine depending on the season. I can also carry with me for scouting or planning purposes. The InCommand communicates with the iPad and gives the Ag Finiti the data it has collected for the current operation. This is done in what I think of as a "batch" rather than continuous.

For example, if I start planting, spraying or harvesting, the information is shown in real time on the InCommand displays. When certain actions such as shutting down, switching fields etc. are noted, the InCommand sends an updated batch of information to the AgFiniti App on the iPad. It is also possible to manually sync the information to the iPad if you desire. This is done wirelessly. Communication between the InCommand and the iPad is done by one of three methods. 1) setup the InCommand as an access point 2) set up the iPad as a hot spot or 3) use a wifi connection from some other device. Personally I just set the InCommand as an access point.

Since the information is passed as a batch, the maps/summaries on the iPad are not live in real time but reflect the situation when the last "sync" was performed.

The maps on the iPad are quite complete and have some query features. There are various summaries as well. This information can be printed directly from the iPad to an appropriate printer. The AgFiniti app does not have all the options that running the data through SMS would have.

Other than the cost of the iPad, I don't have any costs associated with my approach. Most operations would likely use the cloud feature (which requires the yearly license) to coordinate data between multiple units and the office or agronomists.

Since you have all JD displays, this wouldn't work for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)