AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soybean yield data
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 12/14/2008 17:25 (#534338 - in reply to #534233)
Subject: Re: soybean yield data

Company sites are very biased in general. F.I.R.S.T may be a little less biased, but that's been argued here recently. FHA plots, local elevator plots might be useful. I find company books are all messed up, on one page they will proclaim a number as the best they have, and on the next page there's something with a higher claimed yield. And neither claim may be the best yield on its own page. As if the seed book editor flunked arithmetic. I have tried to accumulate as many sources as possible because plot tests can be about as consistent as soil tests and can vary wildly. I hardly ever have enough information on fertilization and sprays as I wish. Its sure easy for a plot to have had twice as much of everything dumped on it that is economical to make the plot look good, and even manure to excess.

Asgrow this year were terribly fragile, the 27-52 that I ordered with Cruiser-Maxx came bare because it hurt the germination too much to run them through the treating machinery. And they started out only 85%, some were only 80%. There were visibly loose hulls and splits in the seed hopper. They were not great quality seed.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)