AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I can't be the only one.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dalobe01
Posted 12/7/2017 18:07 (#6413148 - in reply to #6412578)
Subject: RE: I can't be the only one.

David Loberg Northeast Nebraska
I'm generally pretty blunt. I tell them right away we're with our current P dealer, and will probably be until we are unhappy with price/performance. That being said, I like to know where we are at in the scheme of pricing and performance. If P becomes too expensive or doesn't compete against other brands, we'll be planting other brands. I don't look or care about plots unless they are on my farm. If I like the salesman, ie he doesn't rub me the wrong way, I will tell him to give me 2-3 bags of his best hybrids for a reasonable price, and I will put them in my plot. I don't let them give me free seed, I don't need to be beholden to anyone. I like to see 3 years performance generally before I judge too much. Every year someone will have a hero and a zero, it's the long term trend that I'm interested in. Channel is right up there in performance lately for us. I also tell them to quote me as a 2nd year customer. Everyone can can have a low price with new customer discounts etc. They can beat my current dealer this year, but next year when I lose the discounts, I'm no better off. I don't feel like jumping from dealer to dealer every year, one of the main reasons I'm with my current dealer is his knowledge of my operation, and placement of hybrids/challenges some fields face.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)