AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wi-Fi office environment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/15/2008 06:34 (#534986 - in reply to #533758)
Subject: Re: Wi-Fi office environment

West Union, Illinois

RichardJW~ - 12/13/2008 23:17 Well that maybe the case in some places but as I suggested in my original post I work overseas in the former Soviet countries and I know that monitoring of phone calls etc. happens, knowing th situation and people here as well as I do I am sure that they will attempt to breach the laptop's system to see what is on there.
With all due respect, what you said was "a large shared office abroad".  That could mean a lot of things. In this situation the first thing to do is discuss your security concerns with whomever is in charge of that kind of security at your company.  I kind of stumbled there, because I am not sure just how large a company you are with or what the title will be of the person you need to talk to.  Probably who you really need is one of the geeks in the IT department.

This is your employer's concern as well, because if they can get in your box, so can somebody else.

BTW, interesting tractor in your photo in your profile.

I GOTTA get a new keyboard.  Has to be the keyboard.  Couldn't be near perfect me making all these typo's...

Edited by Mike SE IL 12/15/2008 06:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)