AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

case 880D excavator ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

littlejo
Posted 11/18/2017 15:48 (#6373536)
Subject: case 880D excavator ???

Big Sky Country
cummins engine, looks about the same as my pickup. operator lost part of his hydraulics, saw oil on the ground---he was walking backwards. jumped off and stuck his finger in the leak---bottem of bell housing--- and called me.

we're assuming it had a plug in it--did not find one on the ground tho.

I ran down with some plugs and got it stopped---looked like a good stream that didn't want to stop. the small bung out of 55 gal barrel fit.

This is on what I'd call the bell housing. pump is mothered up to it, centered. 'bell housing' is maybe 4" thick.

I can't find my book on it. I am questioning whether it's supposed to have any oil in it? it's clean hydraulic oil.

it's not getting into the motor oil.

I don't think it's a pressure side leak or it would have blasted out with force while motor was running.

If it's a leak past pump seal, and accumulated in there---why does pump seem somewhat starved? He said he lost some--but not all --of his hydraulics.

I don't know what I'm looking at---gotta be some kinda pump coupling inside bell housing---it's maybe some kinda setup that is supposed to be full of oil?

It's an older machine but has had an easy life and is nice shape.

Guess I could just top off hydraulic res and fire it--------but hope somebody here knows way more about this than I do. tia.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)