AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reinstalling Custom Ringtones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/18/2017 15:00 (#6373455)
Subject: Reinstalling Custom Ringtones

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A while back I had some problems with my iPhone 6 after doing an update. I lost my apps and custom homemade ringtones but fortunately kept my contacts.

I had some homemade ringtones in my own voice that I associated with special people. Other folks thought they were kind of cute. They usually brought up a smile if set off in the bar. If nothing else I realized that the call is for me. These custom ringtones got lost in the shuffle so today I decided to make five new ones from scratch.

I had created a word processor document with instructions in my own words on how to do this. I printed those out and started the process today. The first part of the process went as my notes indicated. In a nutshell, I used the voice memo feature to create the voice messages and then emailed them to my Win 10 computer. Once in the computer the extension needed to be changed so that the iPhone would recognize them as ringtones.

Then my directions indicated how to use iTunes to get them on the iPhone. These steps did not seem to work as I had indicated. Out of frustration, I did a search on custom ringtones and found some new directions indicating that this is done differently with IOS 11. It's actually easier but different than before.

I now have my new home made ringtones working as desired. I have unique ones for three individuals, one general one for everyone else and even a special one to remind me to "take my pills" at 8 AM and 8 PM.

Edited by tedbear 11/18/2017 15:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)