AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven RPR115 Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/14/2017 08:23 (#6364195 - in reply to #6363408)
Subject: RE: Raven RPR115 Question

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
KRK - 11/13/2017 19:59

The RGL 600 has the same display as your LB5 just a different enclosure.
The 115 has the GPS receiver built into the antenna.

Most any receiver will work with the RGL 600, most would be an improvement over the 115 or 210!

I personally had an RGL 500 for several years. The RGL 600 was a later model. As I recall, the major difference was going to a plastic rather than a metal case and the ability to have a wireless remote.

For a time I used it with Raven's Invicta 115. The 115 was a poor design. Later I used it with a Phoenix 200 and with other GPS units which worked much better. I got along fine with it and the limitations of any lightbar and WAAS. These lightbars have some features and patterns that others do not. I no longer had need for mine due to auto steer and sold it a couple of years ago.

The 115 is considered a Smart Antenna and the electronics that are in the separate box like a 210 are built into the antenna itself. A Smart Antenna will have a 9 pin connector on it as well as a power connection. A Dumb Antenna such as the 210 will have a CoAx connector on it which must be connected to the electronics in a separate box.

As KRK indicates many other GPS units will work with these Ligthbars and most anything would be better than the 115. Place absolutely no value on the 115. A 115 may work satisfactorily for you but I would be surprised.

Edited by tedbear 11/14/2017 08:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)