AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Montag + AgLeader Issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/5/2017 07:22 (#6346316 - in reply to #6345574)
Subject: RE: Montag + AgLeader Issues

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In times of frustration such as this, building a new configuration from scratch is often helpful even though you may be certain that you have set it up correctly. Been There-Done That.

I don't believe you have mentioned working with the calibration wizard. The calibration wizard consists of two parts. A static and a dynamic portion. You perform the static (sitting still) first to get the calibration in the ballpark for your situation. Later you can use the dynamic portion to fine tune your results against a scale after actually applying a fill.

As a Tech I often needed to setup new situations. I somewhat remember a situation where I couldn't get any action either. My thought was to "get some action" and then worry about calibration after that. The problem with that approach was that the system did not have a default calibration value so the system would not operate at all unless you followed their calibration procedure.

Since you are getting a message about the flow sensor, I would investigate it. Sounds as if you may be using a Raven shaft sensor with a cal of 360. It would be correct to enter in 36 for the sensor cal but the product cal is also necessary. The sensor cal number and the product cal number are both used to convert the shaft speed into meaningful units to calculate the applied rate. I believe this product cal defaults to zero, forcing the operator to perform the calibration Wizard. I suspect it was done this way to prevent someone from skipping the product calibration step.

Your configuration choices for the valve type are important. If you are using a servo valve the configuration must specify this. When you switch to the PWM valve, the configuration needs to be different and specify it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)