AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dj GLM 200 speed options?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/24/2006 07:48 (#46229 - in reply to #46076)
Subject: RE: Another Possibility

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Was the unit able to work with a DJ Radar Gun? If so the Sky-Trac should be no problem as they both put out the square signal that you mention.

Since you mention that the sensor only has two wires, I am now of the opinion that possibly neither a DJ Radar Gun nor the Sky-Trac will work.

The box may be expecting a Sine type waveform from a proximity type sensor. Generally these are of a much slower speed when compared to radar.

If it were designed to go to a DJ radar gun then I'm quite sure they would have provided the power for the gun. This is almost always done with standalone planter monitors etc.

Your latest idea of splicing on to the ground drive speed sensor may be an option. This is what Ag Leader does for their Yield Monitors. Essentially you splice into the two existing wires. If this doesn't work you may need to reverse them. I am thinking this is how the system was probably designed in the first place.

On certain combines, the speed sensor is threaded into the transmission and has threaded terminals at that point. If yours is of that type, then this would be a handy place to attach your new wires. Other combines use connectors (often WeatherPak) to attach the sensor. Ag Leader uses a "Tee" that goes between the existing connectors to easily splice on to the system.

Edited by tedbear 9/24/2006 07:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)