AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

International 1460 header sinking down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Scherffarms
Posted 10/19/2017 21:23 (#6316958 - in reply to #6316814)
Subject: RE: International 1460 header sinking down

First do you see any leaks on lines or cylinders. If no it is in the valve stack outside the machine. First check and make sure the lower solenoid is working properly and not being triggered by a short or something. Look under the cover right outside the cab door. If your machine is electric hydraulics you can remove the paneling around the valve and work on it in the machine. First check the check valve it is plastic and has a spring. I will be a Allen head plug on the valve towards the bottom of the stack against the door wall of the combine of that makes sense. If that checks out it is in the poppets for lowering the head. One poppet is located inside the adjustment for how fast the head lowers. The other is underneath the lower solenoid. A service manual is a must. A poppet could be wore, an orifice plugged or an o ring out. I have worked on two of these for 1460/1440. If no external leaks move to that valve it will be in there. Good luck!

Ps if you have a cable machine disregard all I have said. It is different but similar :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)