AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader harvest configuration autoswath increment size
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/8/2017 14:55 (#6295312 - in reply to #6294715)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader harvest configuration autoswath increment size

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a 30' soybean head so I have it set as a platform with a width of 30'. To test your idea, I created another platform this morning. A platform is based on settings in feet so this gained nothing. I created another head but told the system it was a row crop head. This allowed me to define it as 24-15" rows which is 360" or 30'. The section depiction does show 24 small blocks, so your idea is feasible.

The rub as I see it is the system asks you for the quality of GPS that you are using. Since I use a Phoenix 200 on WAAS (no steering), the system makes rather large adjustments when using auto swath for partial passes. With my 8 row corn head, it will change the number of rows in 2 row increments. In other words as I go from taking all 8 rows to 7 rows, the system will stay on 8 rows. When the swath gets smaller it will jump from 8 rows to 6 rows.

So I assume that changing my soybean setup from 30' (10 sections of 3') to 24-15" really wouldn't change anything as I suspect the system will still reduce the head size via auto swath in rather large jumps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)