AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New operating system------Cloud---by gOS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Lenders
Posted 12/4/2008 23:33 (#524240 - in reply to #523996)
Subject: RE: New operating system------Cloud---by gOS

Dodge Co, Wi
You are correct, the market "appears" to want MS, key word there, the market, consumers, really have not been given the choice save for Apple. Now with smartphones, something MS isn't the best in as they've been too busy concentrating on windows for pc's, others have gotten into the fray. Palm has their own OS, getting dated, Apple has the iPhone, and now Google's G1 sporting Android. With these new competitors it is only a matter of time for people to get used to and appear to want non-MS OS's on more than their smartphone (Android has been ported to other platforms than phones already and it's only been out for a few months). When it comes down to brass tacks as Mike has mentioned, we don't really need a whopping GUI hogging resources on our platforms if you can have one in the cloud. A simple dos program will do all that is needed to access the cloud, i.e. run a browser. A step I have taken in this direction is using portable apps, programs installed on my usb flash drive. Similar technology will allow you to run a program installed in the cloud as opposed to on your platform, you can either store the media files (doc's/music/vids/etc) on the platform or in the cloud and run them through the browser from the cloud or local drive. K gotta stop typing now as the keyboards wet with anticipatory drool.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)