AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MS Money vs Quickbooks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/4/2008 09:08 (#523440 - in reply to #522986)
Subject: RE: MS Money vs Quickbooks

West Union, Illinois

Waaay back when, I started with Money.  Worked well, other than I made some kind of setup error and was $xxx off.  Never could correct it.  After a year or two a friend convinced me to switch to Quicken.  Transferred data, went in and correct first entry, and has been correct ever since.  Back then Money was slightly easier in entering data ... I forget, something about which buttons you used ... but no substantial difference.

I suspect the differences are minor, just depends if you want to put up with Microsoft or Intuit.  Intuit sometimes has their own way of doing things which irritate the (*&^ out of you.  For instance, when I went to a new computer with XP my Quicken 99 switched to the new machine no problem.  Until it came to report time.  Something about the way XP printed things was different than the way 98 printed things, and the way Intuit wrote the software Q99 would not print my reports on XP.  I got online and found I was not the Lone Ranger.  The only solution was to upgrade to a newer version of Quicken.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)