AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Claas moisture sensor with presicion monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ih_jon
Posted 9/28/2017 09:01 (#6275746 - in reply to #6275420)
Subject: RE: Claas moisture sensor with presicion monitor

I have worked with 2 Class choppers yield mapping on Trimble displays. I have seen the zero readings when starting into crop from turning on headlands in the data. With no crop going through this is an issue put no crop no moisture. But I really do agree that 3 - 400 yards down field seems really far compaired to what I have seen. In the yield data I do eliminate all data points with a zero moisture reading is bad data. I have been seeing more like 30 feet into field or crop.

Claas has two different moisture sensors. The NIR expensive one but more accurate or the more inexpensive and I think it is a Harvest Tec sensor if I am thinking right, that one I believe has a wear piece in sensor that needs replaced after so many tons of crop. I know you can contact Harvest Tec directly if that is the sensor you have. The NIR sensor probably have to go through Claas.

The moisture reading your talking about watching is it the same on the cebis display as your gps display? Or is the cebis display working better than what your gps display is saying? GPS display Firmware?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)