AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to update CIH Pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

constructionfrmr
Posted 9/25/2017 11:26 (#6269296 - in reply to #6265158)
Subject: RE: How to update CIH Pro 700

Nashville, IL
it will most likely work fine, until you have an issue and the first thing Case will tell the tech is to update the software. I deal with it almost daily. John Deere is just as bad. If there is an issue with something not working electronically, they always come back and say "well, there is newer software than that. That might be an issue." I get that response from Case quite a bit. John Deere wont be so nice about it. They will just flat tell you you need new software.

Some steering components were updated in newer software releases. I know if the Nav is new enough to be on v19.xx then you will have to update the pro700. It will then want you to update the gps receiver. And possibly any other controllers that it deems appropriate to update. Its a viscous cycle. I always am the type that if its working, leave it alone. If you are having issues, hopefully you have a good dealer or precision guy at a dealer who can look into it and tell you whether that version of software has an issue. Sometimes updating might cause an issue with something else. Ive ran into that as well. Ive also got a machine running pre-beta software. I call it pre-beta because its not even released for the beta program yet. Its all in who you know where to get you the information you need.

I know this doesnt answer the original question, just trying to give a little insight as to why dealers are always wanting to update software. If there is an issue with a monitor, the first thing I do is check software. If there is an update available, I make note and ask when I call in to Case for assistance. That way they know what version it is on and they can usually tell me if there might be an issue with that version.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)